- Sleeps 4 people
- 59″ center height
- 8.5 mm fiberglass poles
- Electric access port
Best Used For
This tent is best suited for camping during summer and when there’s light or moderate wind. The Sundome is durable and can withstand a few rain showers so don’t expect to get soaked if the rain falls. Overall the tent has a very good built and should do fine for general camping.
The tent’s size makes it suitable for a family of four, but even if you are a single camper, the space provided by this tent might entice you especially if you’re the type who brings a lot of camping gear, and it’s also ideal for couples.
- The tent is built from high quality materials and will last a long time.
- The tent doesn’t require a lot of maintenance.
- Easy to set up.
- The zippers are well made. They run smoothly, don’t get stuck and doesn’t get affected by water.
- The tent is spacious yet it’s light and isn’t hard to pack. For all its features the Sundome is still a breeze to put together even if you’re new to camping.
- The tent ventilation system works as advertised and goes a long way towards preventing condensation and other related problems.
- The tent isn’t designed for use in extreme weather. While it’s durable, setting it up in torrential rain or heavy snow is going to cause problems.
- The tent is vulnerable to leaking at the seam where the sides meets the floor. As one Amazon reviewer pointed out, nonstop rain for 10 hours can produce leaks on the sides up to 1.5 inches.
- The space is suitable for four people yes, but these are for average sized people; if you are a physically large individual, the space might be appropriate only for two or three.
- The mesh vents are not covered by the rain fly.